Tuesday, October 21, 2008

It feels good not to be homeless

Our apartment opened up! We'll move in the 29th of this month, with new carpet and painted walls. FANTASTIC!!! With a baby, new carpet is like a dream come true. If you plan on coming over, be prepared to take off your shoes!


Things have been going so super well lately. There has been a lot going on, but I won't bore you with too much detail. I'll just share some of the highlights with you.










First, I just want to say that I love being a wife and mom! Sure it sounds a little cheesy, but it's so true! I've never done anything harder or more demanding, but on the flip side I've never experienced something so fulfilling and exciting. Dustin is still doing really well in school. I'm so proud of him for all of the responsibilities that he's taken on. He's a husband, dad, student, and employee.


Kate has been crawling like a maniac and loves to stand up. I'm sure she'll be taking steps soon. Scary! Also, and MOST IMPORTANTLY, she's been saying "mama." Sure she mostly says it when she's tired or hungry, but I'll take what I can get. Now we're working on "dada." Kate and I have also started swim lessons at the Provo Rec Center. Kate loves the water, but not when she has to go under. Poor baby. But she's having fun and starting to learn some good skills. The best thing about this is the time we get to spend together.


On Sunday Dustin and I spoke at a stake youth fireside. It was a little scary for me, but it went really well. It was great to be able to share my testimony. I spoke about the temple and Dustin spoke about his experiences. I never thought I would speak at a fireside, but I guess that happens when you marry Joseph Smith.

Ok, I'm almost done. I swear! For book club this month we read John Adams by David McCullough. It was long, but I am so glad that I read this book. It has made me become even more grateful for our Founding Fathers and everything that they sacrificed so that we could have the freedoms we enjoy today. I look forward to voting in this upcoming election so that my voice may be heard. I feel like it is my duty as an American citizen to support and uphold the Constitution in any way that I can. Dustin and I have decided to become more familiar with it. I love this country and pray that we will stay true to the principles it was founded upon! We love you all!

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

Kate is seriously so cute. I'm so glad you guys are doing so well. And I love your hoodie.

Sarah said...

Hey Kim! I'm so happy that you guys are getting to move into your new place. New carpet is awesome.
We loved the pics. So good to see you guys.
Matt says: "I wish our place was as [affordable] as yours".
Love you guys.

-Special Mothertivity- said...

Oh I love that you love being a mom!!! Sadly I have learned that even some of the most wonderful women rather go to work than spend the day being a mom at home. Glad ya'll aren't homeless anymore!... we still need to get together!

Anonymous said...

Dying to see more pics of KATE!!